The most important and original room in the house was and remains the kitchen. Here, the whole family gathers after a long day, exchanging news, spending time with friends, and, of course, preparing food. This multifunctional and unique room needs a special decor. Perhaps the most common design technique is the combination of wallpaper in the kitchen - this allows you to create the necessary spatial illusions and accents. Looking through the photos of such combinations, you will certainly notice how such combinations affect the geometry of the room - with their help, you can expand the space, make the ceiling higher or level the unsuccessful proportions.
In addition, attractive options for combining wallpaper in the interior are ideal for decorating combined premises, studio apartments or separate kitchens that do not differ in size. With the help of properly selected combinations you can:
- Eliminate the effects of a failed repair;
- Divide the room into zones by function (work and dining);
- Hide the errors of the original layout;
- To combine adjacent rooms, while providing individuality in the interior of each of them;
- Create a dynamic design;
- Provide attention to architectural features (for example, columns);
- Put the right accents.
Combining by the rules
Looking at the photo, you can only enjoy the successful designer finds. But the decision to combine the wallpaper yourself can lead to much worse results - only if you do not follow the basic rules:
- Wallpapers of different price categories are not combined. The material must belong to the same segment, but may differ in both texture and color. Novice designers will use the collection in which the main colors and wallpaper companions are presented.
- It is better when combining strips of the same length is easier to pick up the edging and dock the cover.
- Wallpapers should look harmonious in the kitchen interior;
- It is good when the material corresponds to the tone of the facades of kitchen furniture or shades of household appliances (it does not have to copy them, but it must certainly harmonize).
- Photos of successful kitchen designs always demonstrate balance. To do this, bright colors are combined with calm neutral, wallpaper with large prints combined with a single-color wall.
Tip! Do not forget about pre-planning. First, you should choose the color and texture of the material (for small kitchens - light shades that do not hide the space), and then - calculate the number of rolls based on the area of the room.
The choice of how to create a combination of surfaces is also important. In the photo there are about 20 interior options, but four are the most popular.
Vertical wall zoning
Combining wallpaper in the kitchen vertically is an opportunity to balance narrow, long room, as well as a great way to visually raise the ceiling. Almost always for vertical zoning use wallpaper with stripes. Here you can choose the following solution:
- Symmetrical: the walls of the kitchen are covered with wide stripes on both sides of the center. Contrast materials, which distract expressive lines from disproportions in the room, are perfect here;
- Asymmetrical: a material with wide stripes adorns one wall, and all others are decorated with different-sized stripes. This solution looks dynamic in the interior and helps to make the kitchen wider.
Correctly place the visual accents can be a combination of motley bands with monochrome. In addition, it is an excellent way to avoid boredom in a monochrome design - for this canvas in different shades alternate as 1-1 or 1-2. It turns out a great color game. However, you need to monitor the contrast of the combinations so that the room as a result is not too aggressive. Of course, you can use bold combinations: red-blue, crimson-green, but fans of traditional design often choose calm contrasts: red-black or white-black; blue-gold. In the photo, each of these options looks amazing.
Horizontal combination method
This option is used in the kitchen with high ceilings and works perfectly in the interior of any style. The division of the walls in the horizontal plane is a favorite trick of the decorators when it is necessary to transform an overly extended room.
The simplest version of the horizontal combination in the interior is the alternation of wallpaper of different colors and textures, echoing each other and combined with the furnishings of the kitchen.
Tip! In almost all styles, you can use a combination of wallpaper with cork or wood paneling.
With a horizontal combination, the height of the wall is divided as 1 to 2, with a less wide strip located below. There are many classic combinations, each of which looks more than luxurious in the interior of the photo:
- Top with geometric patterns, damasks, large flowers or stripes, bottom - monophonic or with small patterns;
- Bottom with a distinguished, massive, expressive ornament (geometric or floral), the top is monochrome;
- The bottom is striped, the top - with a small pattern or monophonic.
Attractive will look options matched in one color. The main thing is to also choose the right border, with the appropriate color and theme of the picture.
As for the binding height, it can be done to the level of the sill. If the ceilings are very high, then the lower part should occupy 2/3 of the room.
In the case of horizontal combination, a separator is also required - a special molding, border, strip.
Tip! You can combine contrasting materials or wallpaper of similar shades. In any case, do not forget about the game of textures. So, embossed vinyl wallpapersimitating plaster, amazingly combined with soft textile options.
Select the accent wall
Accent wall - is one of the favorite design techniques zoning and design of kitchens. The following photos in the interior are examples of dining zone zoning.
However, it is very important not to lose balance. In most cases, the accent wall is decorated with bright colors, but at the same time the headsets and adjacent walls should be restrained.
Wallpapers can highlight the beauty or make the kitchen set more interesting by making a wall on his part.
In addition, this method will create a great emphasis on the architectural nuances of the room. After all, wall niches and protrusions do not necessarily hide - they can be distinguished by issuing wallpaper, differing in color and / or texture.
Patchwork technique of wallpaper combination is one of the most difficult to implement. But the result is amazing, as evidenced by the photo.
Indeed, as a result, you get a motley quilt "blanket", only on the wall. This way of combining will certainly suit those who cannot stop their choice on any one variant and at the same time admire the variety of color and texture decisions in collections.
However, the wallpaper will still have to choose - and much more carefully, taking advantage of a sense of proportion and style.
And do not be deceived by photos with such an interior that looks playful, cute and childishly naive. After all, the implementation of such technology in practice is quite complicated. It is important not only to pick up the materials correctly and harmoniously, but also to work with a large number of scattered pieces - and to get a beautiful result, you will need considerable patience.
Other interesting solutions
One of the most popular ways to combine is also considered using photo wallpapers. Among this decor, you can choose a thematic solution for the kitchen interior - still life, a street with a cafe, wheat fields and so on. The best accommodation is in the dining area.
An interesting solution in the photo is the decoration of the wall with elements of wallpaper over the existing decoration. For this purpose, the most attractive elements are cut out from suitable canvases and placed in a frame from borders. Inserts can be made complex in shape - for the neoclassical style or square, rectangular - for baroque.
Tip! For such combinations it is better to take massive durable non-woven wallpaper.
Once again about the combination of textures and colors
Contrast colors and textures look just amazing, but you should be careful when choosing combinations to avoid negative effects.
The shades of one color group are well combined with each other - for example, brown with beige, pink with red. Combinations of textures, canvases with bulky relief and smooth surfaces will look just as advantageous.
But the canvases with too variegated or complex drawings are not combined, since the contrast here will be invisible. In addition, the central bright mural certainly need to frame a smooth monochromatic panels.
- Kitchen Wallpaper Guide and Design Tips
- Step-by-step master - class: sticking wallpaper in the kitchen
- How to paint the walls or decorate them with drawings
- Color in the interior of the kitchen: bright ideas and traditional combinations
- Himself a painter - painting the walls in the kitchen