It is known that pink color calms and improves mood, which is why it is most often used in the design of bedrooms, living rooms and children. But in the kitchen, in the center of the hearth, the positive properties of this color will not be superfluous.
- Pink improves appetite, reduces pressure, reduces heart rate, reduces anxiety, in a pink room, external noises seem quieter.
On the other hand, many people associate this shade with something infantile, frivolous and tasteless. In our opinion, this is a big prejudice, because using pink in the right combinations and proportions, you can create a cozy and stylish interior without a hint of "the kitchen of the Barbie doll." For those who are in search of design ideas for the kitchen in pink colors, we have compiled a large selection of photos and formulated 5 main rules for applying this color in the interior.
5 main rules of application
Based on the optical characteristics of our hero and the principles of color in interior design, we can formulate 5 tips for its use in the kitchen.
1. Create optical illusions
Pink color has the ability to visually increase the volume of furniture or surface, but at the same time make them "easier." This means that, for example, a pink kitchen will seem a little larger than it is, but it will not look massive. And having painted one wall in this color, you will visually expand the space and raise the ceiling.
2. Consider shade temperature
Pink belongs to the group of warm colors, but not everything is so clear - its numerous shades can be cold.
- If you have a low-lit "northern" cuisine, and besides, a small one, then light salmon, powdery, peach, the color of a tea rose will make it cozier, warmer, lighter and will not reduce space. Photo examples of light pink kitchens are presented below.
- If the windows of the kitchen face south, then you can choose cold colors: lavender, crimson, magenta, fuchsia, etc., as in the following photos.
3. Dilute pink
Whatever saturation of the shade of pink you choose, keep in mind that it needs to be diluted with a large number of neutral colors.
- Neutral light pink tones can be used in large arrays, but still it is better to follow the aspect ratio of 1: 1 or 1: 2 with some other neutral color. It is best to mix it with white. Light pink can be wallpaper on the walls in the role of the background, curtains, shelving, and even kitchen.
- More saturated and bright pink shades are very active and able to draw all the attention to themselves, so they are best used only as color accents. It can be a pair of bright chairs, decor items, curtains, wallpaper on one wall, an apron.
4. Choose a shade according to your desired interior style.
Bright colors are more suitable for modern kitchen design, for example, in Scandinavian.
Carmine or on the contrary pale pink in combination with white, black or blue, orange - will fit into the interior of the kitchen in a retro style or pop art like these photos.
5. Choose the right companion colors
When planning the design of a future pink kitchen or updating an existing one, be sure to learn and work with the Itten color wheel. How to make color schemes can be viewed in the next video tutorial.
Well, we'll give you some tips:
- The most versatile and win-win combination is pink + white. This union can be diluted with any color of the rainbow;
- Achromatic companions - black and gray will make a good pair to our hero;
- Brown and beige will make a pink color harder.
- Another color in harmony with pink is green, which stands in the spectrum directly opposite the pink. As you know, the best colorist is nature itself, and in it we can often find a combination of pink and green in the form of a variety of colors, the appearance of which we perceive at a subconscious level extremely positively.
- Yellow and blue are also quite harmoniously combined with pink, if they have a cold subtone. Thus, in the interior of the kitchen in pink tones a lemon shade would be preferable to yolk, and blue would be preferable to turquoise. Other warm shades - orange and red - can complement pink in the kitchen in the style of pop art.
Photo gallery of color combinations and design ideas
And now we present you a selection of photos of various color combinations and pink kitchen design ideas.
Combination with white
Combination with gray
Combination with black
Pink wallpaper in the interior of the kitchen
Pink apron in the interior of the kitchen
- All about the use of gray in the interior of the kitchen
- Red color in the interior of the kitchen: 5 tips and 85 inspiring photos
- Green color for a perfect cuisine - 5 main tips and 100 photos
- Yellow color in the interior of the kitchen - 5 main tips and 100 photos for inspiration
- Blue color in the interior of the kitchen - 5 design tips and 100 photos for inspiration
- Beige color in the interior of the kitchen: 3 tips, 9 combinations and 100 photos for inspiration